LASIK @ Prince Court Medical Centre - Status Update

It has now been more than three weeks since my LASIK operation at the PCMC. The first week, my vision was rather blurry almost every other day especially during early morning. I can still see things, but I don't get the usual sharp (& smaller) vision I had from wearing glasses. But as the day went on, my vision will usually improved (when I asked about it during my checkup, they said it's normal, especially if one slept in an air-conditioned room, which tends to make the eyes dry) I was provided with a month's supply of VISMED, an eye lubricant drop. Although I feel I don't suffer from dry eyes, I used them up 'luxuriously'. One can never be too careful. 


Artificial eye drop
I know that since I did a blended vision LASIK my vision will never 20/20, but there were days when I can see things as close as to 20/20 especially when it's very sunny. I don't have too much problem with glare, although I can sense there's some astigmatism left. Night driving is alright, but the lights tend to 'spread' like it used to be, albeit lesser now. 

On the first week, I went to get myself transition lenses for UV protection and chose a full- framed glass. I haven't been able to carry full frame glasses for almost 10 years now because of the 'heaviness' of the overall lenses, nor can I do transition lenses without costing me a fortune, not to mention the days I have to wait before they are ready. Frameless glasses were also a no-no since my lenses will be too thick to stay in place for long. The transition lenses are for sole purpose of protecting my eyes from the sun's UV rays and carry no powers. It's ready for pick up overnight! 


Old habits die hard
People  may wonder what's the point of wearing glasses after LASIK. Well, for someone who've been wearing one for the past 25 years, it's not easy to let go of something that have been part of you for so long. There were times when I would still reach for my nose when I wanted to take wudhu' or wash my face and thought - silly me, it's no longer there :-) They have been part of my identification. All my recent identifications saw me with glasses. People describe me with glasses. The experience itself is nostalgic. Further, as some people would say - people with glasses look rather cool hahaha...  

But after LASIK, I have a choice, I only wore my transition glasses under the sun, outdoor. At home, they stay on the shelves. As my good friend, Najbah quipped - my glasses are now mere props to me (hehe...that sounds a bit like Clark Kent) I now have the freedom of movements without them. I can drive day or night without them. I can drive with any ray ban of my choice. I can play with my children without worrying about them. I can now see things in its exact ratio, things were no longer smaller in sizes :-) I saw my children as they are for the first time after LASIK :-) And for the first time in 25 years I can actually 'see' things. How amazing is that?! To me, it's a freedom in itself. I always thought I can only see clearly after I die. Well, I guess, that is no longer the case, Alhamdulillah.

The second week was rather problematic. I got a headache every other day. It gets worst when I am fasting. I thought perhaps I was putting too much pressure on my eyes to see as clear as I wanted them to be and maybe I was just a bit tired. I 'overdosed' on VISMED hahaha... But eventually, the third week, I learn to just go with the 'flow' of my vision. So  no more headaches. Vision during the day was almost excellent. Mornings would always be a bit blurry and night time was usually fine under the fluorescent lightings. Seeing things in the dark was also fine. 


The Prof giving her motivational talk :-)
My post surgery checkup with the Prof confirmed both flaps had healed nicely and my eyes are healthy, Alhamdulillah. She also confirmed that my left eyes was my dominant eye, and I didn't know which one was with power (at first I thought it was my left eye) because it has now blended accordingly. She then gave her motivational talk on to look forward, forget I ever did LASIK (well, my bank account won't allow me to do that :-P) and stopped complaining and only think of positive things, move on. Again she insisted, only people who always see the positive in everything will succeed in this life and the hereafter.

Anyway, I will give an update from time to time on the status of my vision. One of the staff nurse (who also did LASIK with her boss hehe) claimed that, in 3 months time, there will be more improvements to come. So Insya Allah, things will get better. Further, I felt fine with the way things are now. If it gets even better, Alhamdulillah :-)

Comments

  1. Very interesting! Check this website out for laser eye surgery!


    Click This Site

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a really good article. You make this information interesting and engaging. You give readers a lot to think about and I appreciate that kind of writing. https://yaldoeyecenter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best work you have done, this online website is really cool with great facts. https://yaldoeyecenter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it. lasik prices near me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great post nice work i love your work and its really helped me in my research.Thanks
    LASIK in Dubai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts