Up and away...

Have you been to the airport, lately? I am sure almost everyone have been to one, at least once in their lifetime. So far I have been there thrice since I'm here, including the day of my arrival. Some Malaysian have been there quite often lately, since the introduction of Air Asia X and the MAS airlines promotions.

I think the airport is a fascinating place. Not the facilities, not the services and not the planes, but the fascination lies in the people who are "stuck" there. Unlike a bus station or train station, where you board them a few minutes before you start your travel, air travels nowadays require you to linger a minimum of 50 minutes before you board the plane mainly due to security reason.

Sure enough, due to that 'lingering' aspect of air travel you get to see so many people in various situations at the airport. Move around, get involved in a chit chat, you'll find out how similar and different some people can be. If you are there long and often enough, you might even find a soul mate, like a friend of mine ;-)...or lost several items including your children, laptops and what not.

Unless you are filthy rich, a whole of lot of planning & preparation are involved in order to be there, regardless of whether you are the one traveling or just sending off someone. It's not just a matter of packing up a suitcase and give yourself a ride to the airport. Sometimes it involves a whole lot more. A whole lot more thoughts, money and time. There is just so many background stories to every single person there, that you could write a novel out of it.

As for me, I was just dropping someone off today. May they arrived safely, Insya Allah.

Comments

  1. Salam.

    In the past 7 months (since I arrive in Perth), I've been to Perth International Airport for more than 12 times..I think.

    Just send off A family early Feb. Then fetch a new family middle of Feb. Again, just been there last week (to fetch the A family back). Will be there again this Sunday (to send B family and fetch them again after 2 weeks). And again this March (to fetch my father, he his visiting us..yahooo..opss not - his grand daughters actually).

    No complaints.. it's the least I can do to my friends..

    FYI, it takes about 50 km from the airport to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I sure hope you get paid. They make a small business out of it here, actually..he..he..he ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts