Disciplining My Soul

A new turn of event back home brings me a lot of stress. Sehari tak makan nasik (does fast food count,lol) tak lena tidur dan takde mood nak membaca dan berfikir pasal PhD. Rasa cam nak hantar ethics application cepat2 dan balik Malaysia.

So today, I did nothing towards my PhD, but instead focusing on minor major things like paying the rent, registering Aliyah's school and actually try to find a job for either of us. It's pathethic actually, how some people go all the way to reject you. The key to everything is referee! Yeah...tell me about it. The situation just makes you wanna hide your head under the sand. It's hateable! I am always getting myself in this 'tersepit' situation for the past 5 years. Is it just my own stupid costly financial mistakes or am I being tested? Maybe, it's a little bit of both...

In searching for my answer, I found this book, while accompanying Kak Dayah to the Coburg Islamic Centre. It's a part translation of Imam Al-Ghazali's Ihya Ulum al Din. I'll update where it led me...

Comments

Popular Posts