Good Company

Yesterday, I had lunch alone again. Not that I particularly love it, but nowadays I kinda like eating alone. You are in and out in less than 15 minutes. Sometimes you really want to cut short all the pathetic thoughts that come with eating alone, so you take even less time :-) And that plus the fact that I won't have the usual 'selera' when eating with lots of company. And people keep asking me why am I 'kurus'? haha...susah nak jawab. They'd prefer to hear things like ohhh...I sakit jiwa, sakit hati or maybe jatuh hati that's whylah I kurus. Nothing of the sorts of - ' I exercised like crazee' kind of statements, which I still do, by the way :-)

But to tell the truth, the one person I really love eating out with is ~ Aliyah. Aliyah makes a very good company. She won't leave me at the table after orders are made, she won't wander around in the mall or the adjoining sites until the ordered foods are cold, she won't make me feel like I am eating alone, despite the fact I have company. She also won't gossip about other people's life, she won't talked about the problems of the world and be judgmental, she won't talk beyond whatever is contained in her short life. She would just sit there and make excited happy faces, while we chose what to eat and waited for them to arrive. When the food arrived, she would concentrate on her food and when I smile looking at her getting so 'involved' with the food, she would smile back at me :-) Aliyah also makes a very good food critic. She sure know if the food is good or bad. Sure sometimes she whined about things she wanted to buy along the way, sometimes she 'merajuk' over some things and 'overtalk' and 'membebel' about certain things she's passionate about, and she sure do have high taste in restaurants and food, (my mistake for introducing her haha) but she's the best company for going and eating out. In a nutshell, she really knows how to make me feel appreciated, every time we go eat out together. No dramas...just gratitude that mama ask her to join mama in her quest of spending money over good food, Alhamdulillah :-)

Can't imagine having any other daughter as company. Having beautiful Aliyah would do...at least for now :-)

First day of her life, isn't she lovely... one of the ones that really  touched your heart :-)
 

Comments

Popular Posts