Dealing with my own soul

Yesterday, I received a text from a good friend in Melbourne. Soon enough I was on the phone with her. I was at my mom's so reception was great and we got to chat awhile.

At first, I told her, in a bid for us not to talk about anyone else, I asked her to talk about herself. We talked when it was already 1 am Melbourne time because apparently she was lonely. Her husband was away and will be away for sometime. I laugh at her and teased her on her husband's whereabouts because I thought it was pretty sweet they way she'd missed her husband and not able to sleep.

The conversations of course eventually encroached on other topics, other people. Some I would rather not know, because deep down some of the contents of the conversations really touched me to my core. It's like a wound that won't heal. But there are times I can't help it, I gave in. I am just too weak. Just like how Imam Al- Ghazali put it so beautifully: which in a nutshell basically means ~ I can be my soul worst's enemy! Astaghfirullah...


Comments

Popular Posts