A Baby No More...

Ahmad Uwais Rais Ibrahim


Today, Uwais turned 2. Isk..isk..isk..I am slightly sad and happy too for him. My baby has grown up. (Ahhhh...so melodramatic) After this he'll just grow & grow, and what do you know next he's getting married & having children. It felt like yesterday, when I can still hold him in my lap, without his leg dangling over or smell his sweet baby scent. Back then, having 2 children below 5 years old and living 400 km away from your family was not an easy task. I never believe in maids, having being around about 5-6 of them consecutively when I grew up. I guess my mom had no choice, but I hated the experience. So I don't feel like 'sharing' that experience with my children. So we tried to do everything on our own with the assistance of the ever helpful Kak Nab, the children's babysitter for almost 4 years. The children just loved her. Lucky for us, my flunctuating hormone made us manage to space the children accordingly. Aliyah was almost 3, when Uwais was born. Still at times it could be stressful. We sometimes underestimate what we can & cannot do. But we relied on each other & pulled through. And the fact that as a baby, Uwais rarely made it hard on us, helps a lot. I enjoyed his babyhood very much. He's actually the string that tie all four or us together. I wonder whether we'll be blessed with the same experience next time. I surely pray & hope so.


To Our beloved Uwais:

Babah, Mama & Kakak wish an excellent year ahead of you.

We pray you'll be anak yang Soleh dan baik hatinya.

Don't forget your promises to Allah once...

Comments

Popular Posts