Resepi Kimchi: Revisit :-)

Since I post my MIL's Kimchi recipe last October (click here) I have received numerous questions and inquiries about the process of making it. I think if I have started taking orders I may even have a small business on the side :-) But seriously, if you happen to be somewhere near Sungai Petani, just drop a line, I will be more than happy to make an extra batch. Self pick-up please!

Anyway, just so you know that there's various versions of Kimchi out there. In Korea different regions have different version and taste for their Kimchi. So it's pointless to question the differences in taste. The stage of fermentation when you have the kimchi will also affect its taste, not to mention its texture. Older kimchi will look slightly mushy and smell even 'worst' hahaha... But that' how it is. Alhamdulillah, I have never suffered from food poisoning from eating an 'old' Kimchi before.


I think one of the key step that I may have forgotten to inform in my earlier recipe is how the salting process should take place. I mean a lot of people just pour in the salt and start mixing them up altogether and later claimed that the kimchi is too salty. I think an important step in the salting process is to mixed in the salt in batches and to taste them all the way during the whole process. Different salt have different level of saltiness, so even if you use the same measurement you may find the problem of over-salting if you don't taste your cabbages during the salting process. The key is to strike a balance - not too much and too little salt - or else the fermentation process will fail. 


Alright with that said, please go ahead and make some for yourself. Care to make some Bulgogi and Bibimbap for me too? :-)

Comments

  1. Salam.. bley x klo saya nak order kimchi drpd akak... sy teringin nak makan kimchi... saya dah cari, tapi xjumpa... bt pengetahuan akak, sy pregnant 14minggu... kalau sy dpt mkn kimchi, syukur alhamdulillah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. W'salam,

      Minta maaf saya, saudari siapa namanya? Kalau nak buatkan saya di SP, payah sikit nak hantar ke mana2 :-) JKAlau saudari di Ampang, ada Mart2 bertentangan Ampang Point near De Palma hotek yg ada jual Kimchi. Kalau nak makan di kedai, di KLCC dan Sunway Pyramid pun ada. Yg tu In Sha Allah halal.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts