Pick me up!

Lately, anxiety is getting to me. I can’t concentrate on my writing and it’s making me feel unmotivated. Most of the times, nowadays, I am thinking of the future (& home) rather than focusing on tackling my current (PhD) predicament. Even a recent snow trip to Mount Buller could not lift my spirit up. There’s just a long list of ‘worries’ that’s stuck at the back of my head. Partly, I am having some self-doubt on the worthiness of my dissertation. Also, my colleague’s ‘mixed’ and mostly negative examiners’ report received last week has even dampen my energy to write.
Waiting for snow showers, but alas - only showers, takder rezeki.
Well, maybe, next time :-)
At least, he enjoyed it this time around :-)

Yesterday, I conveyed my anxiousness and worries to my supervisor. He gave his usual pep talk, finally (I hope) resting my self-doubt but as usual manage to put me on my toes! Even banning me from procreating yet again he..he..he.. My recent pregnancy has been a source of his ‘anguish’ and repetitive commentaries, mostly due to his previous bad experience with a former student. But to tell you the truth, he has never met Luqman before. In his mind, Luqman is still in his early babyhood months. So today, after 18 months, when I finally got to introduce Luqman to him, he was surprised to see him ‘as he is’. He was utterly delighted when Luqman even manage to shake his hand and seal it with a kiss :-D. I am now interested to find out how his meeting the baby would change the ‘dynamic’ of our conversation in the future ;-P


Anyway, his advice is for me to keep at it. Write, write, write. There’s nothing to comment on, if there’s nothing written. No comments meant no improvement. No improvement  meant no progress! So I am praying very hard that my ‘mojo’ will be back soon. I hope with Ramadhan coming, I get to pick up where I left of, Insya Allah. Amin. 

Comments

  1. The possibilities are endless if we don't think of its limits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamualaikum Fadzlina. Jangan risau sangat. Ceria sikit. Fadzlina sungguh beruntung kerana perjalanan PhD Fadzlina mengikut Jadual. Sedikit sahaja lagi...Doa byk2.

    Akak doakan moga semua urusan dan pekerjaan PhD Fadzlina dipermudahkan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terima kasih Imran/Noreen, Kak Sharifah.

    Ya...sikit lagi, tetapi sangat menggusarkan. Insya Allah akan terus berusaha dan berdoa.

    Saya turut mendoakan PhD rakan-rakan sekalian juga berjalan lancar, Amin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. usaha kak usaha...wani pun sama lah nih. semoga Allah tidak membiarkan kita bersendirian ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts