Call me what I am...

Yesterday I had a call from my supervisor at 5.40 pm. He was complaining about my grant application forms.

SB: "Fadzlina, I would not want to appoint you as my lawyer!"

Me: Gulp..."hmmm...okay" (ha..ha..ha..dlm hati apa hal pulak ni) " I gather that you have received my forms"

SB: "Yup, I have some issues with them. Anyway, I got some good news. LM (my other supervisor) have gone through surgery. It was a success and he's now recuperating. Hopefully in another 3 weeks he can help you with your thesis" 

Me: (Alhamdulillah, yeay! tp tak cakaplah gitu kan he..he..he) "Well, that's good news, indeed!"

SB: "Yes, he's a good chap. It's sad what happen to him, actually... (which until today, aku don't know what it was) Anyway, back to your application forms. The total amount you requested does not add up and my email address is wrong!"

Me: "But...I know the grant is for AUD***, and although the total is more, I am asking for up to that amount only. And ...OOO is the email address incorrect..errr..."

SB: "Fadzlina, it's wrong, you missed something, you better fix it. Do you want a letter of reprimand for this? (while laughing out loud)

Me: "Ok, I will look at it again"

SB:" By the way, I don't like to be called Associate Professor"

Me: (Dlm hati - what??) "Why not? So what should I put on the form?"

SB: "Associate Professor is half of a professor, and I don't like it - LOL! Just...just call me what I am...

Me: LOL! Alright, I will see to it. Thanks for calling.

SB: Bye, then.

A/T: Imagine the level of pedanticity I have to deal with. Arghhhh....Anyway, Alhamdullillah, for granting me a 'tarik telinga' supervisor. Stressing me out to the core - or else I will still be dreaming :-)

Comments

Popular Posts