Autuum in my heart

Near Aliyah's school....

It's full fledge autuum now. I don't usually enjoy the season, because it will always remind me of the upcoming winter. Besides autuum usually make me feel a bit mellow and melancholic. Anyway, in a few days, it will be May. How time flies. This will be my last autuum here, Insya Allah. Soon, I will be back on home ground. The thoughts of coming back to the 'workforce' is kinda daunting! It gets worst when most of the people you talked to gave basically 'scary' impressions.

A few days back, I was chatting with a friend I knew back in my early days in Melbourne. She's in the midst of trying to get another job in Melbourne. For various reasons I can't highlight here, she simply just can't stand working in KL anymore, she's at the brink of giving up with the country. I asked myself, is it that bad?! In her case, I guess she has a choice, fortunate enough to have the right to choose. But for many Malaysians, Malaysia is the only place they know, the only place they have been to, the only place that should and could have given them the security that they needed and wanted. So they have to make it work.

I told her, I am not giving up as yet. I wanted to go back home and try to do something, anything, to help improve lives in ways that I can, that I am capable of. I have to make it work. Sometimes you don't need money and power to make changes, sometimes all you need is passion, efforts, patience, belief and putting your trust in Allah. Insya Allah, He will show the way.

A/T: Autuum in my heart - Vaccinated at last!

Comments

Popular Posts