Rejuvenation...

As the scale of Japan's catastrophic disaster (mother nature plus man-made) unfolds, I couldn't help but feel that 2011 has been rather a difficult start for the world. I predicted early in the year that it's going to be 'whirlwind' for me, but with every month marked by some of sort of a natural disaster starting with the floods in Australia and then the chaos in Egypt (later Libya), followed by New Zealand's earthquake and now this, it seems the world is suffering too :-(


So the signs of Qiamat are getting more and closer together! It makes me ponder and reflect at the state of my life now and wonder whether I am a worthy servant, wonder whether I have been taking a lot of things for granted, wonder whether this is all that I can offer (whatever that is???)

I suddenly feel rejuvenated!! Although I have considered all kinds of options and worst case scenarios in my journey finalising this research, I no longer feel 'stumped'. This PhD is just one of those 'things' you go through in life to be a better servant. And that's what it's all about. If you don't emerge from it, a better person, then I guess, you've missed a 'big' point! You've wasted 3-4 years of your life (and money) for nothing, then. Look at all those people around you in your life (and the world!!). Don't you wish you can be there for them, be a better person for them?? Come on everybody, let's finish what we started!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts