Hari Apresiasi Mesih Basuh



This is my home's washing machine. There's nothing fancy about it. It's 2003 then, and we couldn't afford a front load washing machine (I was told a front load washing machine cleans better, uses less water and less electricity) So we bought this one instead, at the cost of RM1099 and it can carry a maximum of 8.5 kg of load at a time. (As for the 'load size' I was being forward looking, plus I could wash some of my less delicate comforter in it haha)

I remembered the first day we bought it, I watched in amusement when my husband stood over it observing with great intensity at every phase the washing machine was going through. Since then, the washing machine has become our beloved bibik. Well, at least it's 1/3 of the bibik in my household, the other 1/3 being myself and my husband (err, maybe 1/4 me and the other 3/4 him hehe) Having the machine thus strengthens our pact to never have a maid at home . 

Gone are the days where I would be stuck in the bathroom for hours, drenched wet doing laundries. It's a reminiscent of those early years in my life ,when I had to help my mom washed my siblings' dirty cloth nappies. Back then diapers were considered luxurious items. So my mom sew the nappies herself. I remembered my small sis and bro had to wear layers of them inclusive of a plastic pant. Their butts will look a bit like Donald Duck . And of course, I was given the task to wash layers of them every other day. Needless to say, it's not a very enjoyable affair. It's pure torture! So when I got married and found history repeating itself, minus the cloth nappies, I promised myself this will not go on! So I got myself this washing machine once we finally settled down to a more permanent dwelling arrangement.

So far it has continues to serve us well. There's this only one time when the piping was a bit problematic since it's going into its 9th year, the year we came back for good from Melbourne. But my husband applied his "Mcgyver" skills and Alhamdullilah the machine got back on track to reach it's 10th year.

Salam ulang tahun ke 10 mesin basuh ku, sesungguhnya dirimu sungguh berharga. Tahukah dikau, jasamu melampaui kebolehan terasmu. Tidak boleh kubayangkan jikalau kau tiada, pasti usaha dalam menuju keharmonian rumahtangga, hanya tinggal "ke dan an". Terima kasih. Semoga kau kekal berbakti sehingga masa pergimu tiba suatu hari nanti.

I dedicate this post to all the small things in life I tend to take for granted. 
Life as I see it ~ NFN.

Comments

Popular Posts