Birthday Song



For the past two days Aliyah keeps on campaigning of her wishes to be excused from going to school on Wednesday. This coming Wednesday will be her 9th Birthday. She had already eyed that day since last week it seems. At first I don’t know why. But then after awhile, I found out that she’s dreading the day since she knew that on every birthday, her class teacher will ask the rest of her classmates to sing the birthday song to the birthday girl. She wants no part of it, because she felt shy suddenly being the centre of attention in front of the class for 5 minutes (This ‘perangai’ is so me, where else would she get this haha). When I asked whether she wants me to set up goodies bags for her classmates, she adamantly said no (more so because she wants to escape school that day, so what's the point, right?). Then, I said fine we’ll figure out other ways to offer sadaqah. 

To her that 5 minutes is a long time, compared to the whole day of school that she requested to be excused from, had I said yes, that is. But of course I would say – no ;-) Yesterday, she was at it again. There I was trying to ‘create’ some rationales why being the centre of attention for 5 minutes as the birthday girl for the day is not such a bad thing. The likes of saying things like you should appreciate it that your classmates spend times to acknowledge your birthday, bla bla bla…but then she dropped the bomb. “But ma, they will sing the song in 5 different languages plus the ‘Allah selamatkan kamu’ song! If they had sing 1 song, it'll all be done in 1 minute!” 

Ahaaah…no wonder, 1 song is bearable, ‘5 plus 1’ is definitely torture! So now what? To her I said - redho jerlah kakak haha ~ Life As I See It. NFN 

Comments

Popular Posts