Tangled

Tangled with all my data and chapters is exhausting my thinking ability. So I decided to take a break and bring Aliyah watch 'TANGLED'. Warning! This is not a review nor a promo, but I am seriously touched by the movie, the only other animated movie apart from Beauty and the Beast which brought tears to my eyes. And I am amazed how Allah has given all these people the creativity to do so (touch people) through well...cartoon, though a fancy one at that :-) 



I see the light :-)

Most of the songs are beautiful, especially the love duet 'I see the light' sung by Rapunzel (Mandy Moore) and Flynn/Eugene (Zachary Levi aka Chuck - I did not know he can really, really sing). The song was the background of the best scene of the movie - the uplifting 'lantern scene'. But I really personally love the song 'Mother knows best' sung by the antagonist - Mother Gothel. It was catchy, performed brilliantly by Donna Murphy and in my opinion represents how mothers can be overly protective of their children. I admit at times  I see nothing wrong in that, and as a mother myself I was 'guilty' of such 'smothering' act. But I believe we should abide by the principles of wasatiyyah (balanced and moderate) even in parenting. That is the best. 

Well, as for my work, now that I have been 'Tangled' and uplifted, I am praying that I will be able to untangle myself and 'see the light', Insya Allah :-))

(Video Courtesy of LichKing)

Comments

Popular Posts