Interview - from the other side of the table

Last week, while I was busy fixing the thesis editorial changes, I received a call on my mobile. As I was picking up the phone, I saw that the number started with an 03-8xxxxxxx. At first, I thought it was the KPJ Kajang Hospital again, calling me about my appointment. They had call me earlier in the week to reschedule my appointment day. 

Once, I said hello, the caller asked whether I was who I was and introduced herself as someone calling from one of the government department in Putrajaya. The first thing that runs through my mind then was 'Oh no! what did I do wrong? Did some special branch reported my latest activities, whatever it was haha... but I have yet to make my review of the PR's or BN's Manifesto and make any political noise pun on FB lately hahahaha

Then, her next statement put my mind at ease but puzzled at the same time. She said I am invited to be one of the interview panels for one of the government's scholarship award for the latest SPM applicants. At first, I was a bit confused for this call had come out of nowhere. So I asked her back, quite innocently, 'Am I being interviewed here or am I interviewing people?'. And I can sense she's smiling on the other end, thinking I maybe wacko or something hahaha while explaining that I'm supposed to interview the candidates for the scholarship. I said fine and then out of curiosity asked, why did my name come up? She said they had asked the rector to suggest a few names. I then quipped "Oh ok, then, so what am I supposed to do now?" She said she's asking whether I'm ok with being a panel and mentioned the dates of the interviews which happens to be past my procedure date at the KPJ Kajang and the venue will most probably be in the northern region. 

During that short moment, I thought, perhaps there's nothing wrong with being one of the panels. It will be nearby my house, for only 2 days and I am so sure my husband would want me to be one. Further, it'll be a new experience for me, although I don't feel like jumping up and down here. I'm not the one receiving the scholarship award for God's sake! In fact I should be scared, who knows I may contribute to picking up the wrong candidate, God forbids! 

So instead of saying yes immediately, I asked her whether there are specific questions for a particular course that I'm supposed to be asking. She said she will email me all the details soon. Then, I said "Alright In Sha Allah I am interested to be one". Funny thing she asked me back, "In Sha Allah you agreed to be one or you're not sure?" With haiyaa in my mind, I told her, "My In Sha Allah means, Yes I will do it lah". Aigo! After informing her of my email account, she wished me well and hang up, leaving me wondering what did just happen?? Well, I guess I have to wait for the email then. Alhamdulillah, yes! Something new to look forward to. I hope all will turn out well, In Sha Allah. 

Comments

Popular Posts