Laporan for - GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM!

He..he..he.. laporan ini has nothing much to do with the reality-like documentary on SBS yer...although, I watched the show and SERIOUSLY urged others to do so, especially Episode 2. I am still reserving my comments! On Tuesday the 28th of June (tonight), SBS One will air a forum in conjunction with the program. It will be interesting to see how the forum's discussion goes. 

Ini laporan "the week before I go back to where I came from" hu..hu..hu..

On Monday the 20th, we had another session of the Thesis Writing Support Circle at the library. Cik Ummi Salwa yang has submitted her thesis 2 weeks before, was kind enough to join our group and shared some of her tips for final editing process. Thank you Cik Ummi yer. We wish her all the best for her future undertakings, Amin.

On Tuesday the 21st, I met my other supervisor, LM at the AIFS in the city. The thing about being in the city, it always happened to be a whole day trip, even if the meeting only last for one hour. Penat-penat...when the city's weather is wonderful, it always 'tricked' you into walking longer then you used to. Tau2 je dah 3 blocks. You only know how tired you are when you reached home ;-) However, the meeting went very well, and LM gave a lot of useful tips for my writing progress.

On Wednesday the 22nd, I finalize all the IACM conference preparation, including all the SSRN uploading and what not. I think there's over a hundred papers due to be presented, through panel discussion and posters at the conference. I am actually quite surprised with the scale of the conference. Ish..ish.. cam malu gak lah...coz some of the papers sound so 'hot shot'... sigh. But then again, what is that feeling compared to being in Istanbul :-D

On Thursday the 23rd, I had a photo shoot for the uni's web - student profile update. Tah apalah ghupernya, walaupun the photograher looks a bit like Annie Leibovitz versi Australia, but I am not too sure my portrait photo will be able to win any lifetime award ha..ha..ha..Regardless, I am actually excited to see what's the end result of my student profile.

On Friday the 24th, I had a progress report meeting with Uwais' kinder teacher Amy. Uwais masih buat perangai nak pi kinder. But at kinder, bila intai2 seronok jer dia, aku nampak. So when I talked to Amy, she said there's nothing to worry about him. When he's at kinder, he thoroughly enjoyed his day there. Amy said: "Perhaps he's just trying to make you feel guilty". BINGO! Well, I think perhaps that's the case too. So we have decided that Uwais will just continue at kinder as usual in Term 3. I hope the next 2 weeks term break will help re-freshen his love for kinder life.


On the Saturday the 25th, early in the morning, I received news that my cousin Azety had lost her husband, due to a cardiac arrest in Malacca. Terkedu sat, I 'feel' for her. And with all girls in her family, they have now lost a father figure. He was 39 years old. Salam takziah from my family and me to her family. Al-Fatihah. Hopefully, I will get to get to see her and family in the next coming days. Later in the day, I tried as much as possible to redraft my Malaysian context chapter. Terasa seperti sedikit sgt penambahbaikannya. But still, it has to be done, so I have something for my supervisor SB, as promised.

On Sunday the 26th, I attended the Victoria Malaysian Postgraduates Association (VMPGA) Annual General Meeting at the Malaysian Hall in my capacity as one of the AJK Pemilihan AJK baru VMPGA 2011/2012. At the end of the AGM, Cikgu Sam from Monash University was announced as the new president. Tahniah to him and his new team! I wished them all the best in continuing VMPGA's quest in upholding the welfare of its members, Insya Allah.


On Monday the 27th, I met my supervisor, SB to submit the context chapter and discussed the thesis structure (FINALLY!). He's happy with the structure, and I pray that he won't be changing his mind later, Amin. We ended the meeting with him giving me some insights on Istanbul, or in his words - Constantinople (yet, again :-P) and his Malaysia's shopping list request. Save to say, it's not Axion this time around LOL! After the meeting, it's time to be in Aliyah's school for a 3 way parent teacher conference with her class teacher Katherine. It's supposed to be done on Wednesday, but I opted to do it 2 days earlier because I will be in KL by that time. Aliyah's report progress is all well, especially her reading. One thing she really excelled at is processing instructions and always asking questions if she's not sure of her tasks. Well done, Kakak!



On Tuesday the 28th, I am supposed to be flying home tonight, but I haven't packed my bags and I am still writing this! hu..hu..hu...Alright, I am off packing now. Please pray for the safety of our journey. May Allah bless all of you and your endevours too. Amin

Comments

Popular Posts