October Spring-Out

I started my October by breaking my self-induce house arrest. I had to go to MERCY for a 1.50 pm checkup, eventhough I don't feel like going. It's not an easy task for a six months pregnant mother to prep 2 children under the age of 6 and drag them along for a hospital trip. Aliyah took a long time to get ready, even the easy task of choosing and putting on something to wear can take ages, while Uwais will take the opportunity to do one or two mischief when I am busy entertaining his sister. And then in the car, the car seat thing and Uwais's refusal to be in it will haunt my drive all the way to the hospital. Luckily MERCY is just 10 minutes away.

Arriving there by 1.45 pm, I prayed I will get a free 2 hour parking spot next to the train station near Austin Hospital (MERCY & Austin, where Aliyah had her operation last time is actually located side by side) . At least that'll give me ample time for the checkup and I don't need to move the car around. Parking fees under the hospital can be very costly. Alhamdulillah, I got one just at the end of the road. I was already late, but the task of getting them out of the car and off to the elevator was an adventure in itself :-(

At Level 3 of MERCY, I noticed there's quite a number of people at the waiting area. In my mind..."Argh...this is going to take ages" But I was wrong, 5 minutes later one of the midwives was calling out my name. I guess if you are meeting the midwives, it'll be rather faster than meeting one of the doctors, perhaps due to the less number of doctors as against the midwives. The young & pretty midwife, Kiera was very understanding, so in less than half an hour we were done. I had to next make an appointment for the yucky 'Glucose Tolerance' Test in 3 weeks time. All that done in less than an hour, I thought "Hey, we'll have time to visit Fizah, who just gave birth the day before" I initially thought of visiting them at home. So off we went to Level 5, once I confirmed that they were still at their ward.

Congratulations to Fizah & Hamzah on the arrival of their firstborn! Happy parenting :-)

After chatting for almost an hour, we left the hospital around 3.40 pm. On the way home, I decided to stop at ALDI at Bell Street. I have been relying on Kak Hada, Kak Dayah, and Nita & Zafiri for the first few days, so since I am out and about, I thought it’s a good thing to replenish some food stock at home. It was almost 5 pm, when we reached home. Then I had to carry all the goods up to the apartment, which was quite a distance away from the parking. Pheww… it was tiring for me, I could feel my feet wobbling but the children were still pumped. Later, they had a short call from their father on SKYPE. By 7 pm, when I thought they’ll go on all night, they suddenly gave up…. at last!

Lullaby baby.... on the chair and floor?

People always take what they have for granted and longed for something they don't have. At least, I sometimes do... he..he..he. So may the incoming days spin faster, till the arrival of my other half.

Comments

Popular Posts