Follow the Crumbs...:-)

A lot has happened in the last 4 days...well, a lot if you consider fulfilling various Syawal open houses invitations’ as different forms of occasions ;-)

It started off this week with Kak Suriani & Bro Syed Haris’ open house in Bundoora on Thursday. Since my other half’s flight would arrived later that night, I arranged for his airport pickup earlier that morning. At first, I thought of picking him up myself, but for fear the car would caused me trouble in the middle of the highway, at midnight, I asked for the favour of Zafiri to do so. Thanks a lot! Once that was done, I clear the house & laundry and left the unit at 5.30 pm. After a short stop at the ATM, we reached their house by 6.15 pm. The main menu was Nasi Beriani…I think…he..he..he. (Nampak sgt aku makan jer tau…) It was cold then, but by 8 pm the outdoor temperature has reached an unbearable 10 degrees. We left by then, so that we’ll arrived home before the night got darker & colder.


By midnight, Uwais was sound asleep. But Aliyah wanted to wait for Babah’s arrival with half close lids. Anyway, once he safely arrived, she became wide awake up till 2 am. That Friday morning, after Suboh, let’s just say everybody in the house was jet lagged as well & busy snoozing….;-). Luckily, I set my meeting with Simon at 3 pm, instead of 10 am. I got to the meeting on time & it went very well indeed. Alhamdulillah, babah dah balik! So panjanglah langkahku…I reached home by 6.30 pm using the security bus and got the children ready for another invitation after Maghrib at Neezam & Julie’s unit at Waterdale. The menu was mee rebus. That I’m sure of, because I asked Julie. By 10 pm, we were back home, getting ready for another open house at Kak Azni’s the next day :-P


By 1 pm Saturday noon we were at Kak Azni’s backyard in Black Street picking up on our choices of food. I couldn’t seem to remember them all. It’s a blur what I ate. But there’s lamb for sure, since the function also commemorated the Aqiqah ceremony for Fiza & Hamzah’s newborn. At 3 pm we dropped by Kak Dayah’s house for another round of festivities, food & discussion wise. By Asar we are on our way to home plus a detour to COLES. The weather the whole day was beautiful.

Uwais on the way...



Then come Sunday afternoon…one more to go! Kak Nani & Bro Syed’s open house & housewarming at Mansfield Court, Bundoora. They just moved there the past few weeks. It’s a wonderful sunny day, with a maximum of 22 degrees in temperature. Well, that’s Melbourne. I remembered having roti jala, some chicken BBQ with rice & air asam, some nasi himpit with rendang hati (hmmm..first time jumpa). Alhamdulillah, kenyang…


hmmm...that looks yummy!

Thank you all the hosts for inviting us. Sincerely, on my own I don’t think I’m able to achieve all the feat that they have all achieved either as a family or in a group. Kudos to them all!

Anyway, my tummy is still “reeling” from the diversity of food tasted these last few days…if only the Ozzies sell 100 plus widely here. I know that’s what we packed for our yearly Syawal encounters back home…if you know what I mean.

Comments

Popular Posts