It has been 3 days...

The day of the move finally came. Unfortunately, by 5 pm that Saturday it dawned upon all of us that the 5 tonne lorry couldn’t support all the remaining items left in the house. A second trip was planned for Monday. It meant that we’d have an extra day to pack the remaining stuff.

My parents had to leave Sunday morning, cos they have other commitment on Monday. They figured it’s better if they bring along Aliyah, less hassle for me.

Sunday passed & Monday came. The rest of the boxes were finally transported to KL. The three of us took the midnight bus & reached KL by 5 am, Tuesday morning. I was expecting to see Aliyah in Ampang, but it seems that she spent the night at her cousins’ house.

Around 8 am we had to be at the new house, in order to wait for the 2nd trip of boxes arriving the very same morning. So there’s no time to pick up Aliyah, yet. Abah decided to pick her up later, but coz of the distance (the emotional negative side of fuel price increase) decided to bring her back with him instead of sending her to our house in Kenari.

By Tuesday night, it has been three days since we last saw her, the longest time she had ever been apart from us. I called her daily to hear her voice. Even ask her to sing the “Wonderpets” theme song for me. It was heartbreaking! I don’t know how some people does it, but it feels like there’s a void in your life.

So it is set then, I have to strive to finish my PhD on time, if not earlier, so l don’t have to part with any of my children in the near future.

Comments

  1. best of luck! Doa kami muga u dapat "topi burger" on time or earlier ...

    kak intan & nazri

    ReplyDelete
  2. TQVM, hopefully you guys made it too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts