Leave or be left...

It has been a blurry couple of days.

I started the week dreaming of a few people I really cared about. Funny, I can't be sure the feeling is reciprocal. But I still do care and think about them from time to time. Well, I guess that's why the dream appears - in my subconcious mind they are always in my life. I wish we can always stay close to one another. Have fun together, share ups and downs together, but I know it's almost impossible. Our attachments, logistics, lifestyles and professions will almost never cross path. That way, life has been cruel to me. But seriously - all I can really attest to: I miss them. Nothing I do or say, can change that fact.

Sometimes, in life, at its different stages, you need to be left behind and you'll need to leave someone behind. I guess it's the natural cycle of relationships. Not that you no longer care, you still do, but a lot of things change, and you know they no longer serve your self development and you yourself can no longer do the same for them. It hurts, but that's just the way things are. Perhaps some day, Allah will make us cross path again. Then who knows we'll just pick up from where we left off. :-)

A/T: Afgan sang:

"Andai engkau tahu betapa ku mencinta
Selalu menjadikanmu isi dalam doaku
Ku tahu tak mudah menjadi yang kau pinta
Ku pasrahkan hatiku, takdir kan menjawabnya"

Do our best, and leave the rest to Him. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts