A House is not a Home...

...unless you make it one...

Yes, money play a big role in making a comfortable house. Yes, it's true that comforts in a house play a huge role in making you love a house. Comforts come in various forms, it can either be a big house, a beautiful house, a house with expensive furniture or design, but at the end of the day, it's the memory you create in a particular house that would turn it into a home.

And you have to love the house and its occupants and be there to create memory...without such attachment, a house remains just a house :-(

For instance, I will always remember a room in my grandmother's house where my late grandfather would always sleep on a piece of wood or sometimes the 'rehal' in that room. Although my cousin occupies that room now, I will always remember how he'll emerged from the door, and 'request' one of his grandchildren to pluck out his remaining black hair for 1-5 cent a piece :-) [imagine our laziness at such a cost of transaction..he..he..he]

At my other grandparents house, I will always remember that stairs, where my grandmother would put some ointment on my feet when I fell and bleed. I still have the scars but the stairs is gone now when they renovate the house, but the memories remained.

At my childhood home in Bukit Petaling, I will always remember the big huge field at the side of the house where we used to roam, the big ubi kayu gajah tree we used to climb, the home made swing abah hanged from the Angsana tree in front of the house or when we pretended we were superman with cape made of blankets by jumping off the top bunk of the double decked beds, to the horror our our maid :-)) The house was not ours, but we sure create a lot of memories in it. I vowed to return, but haven't find the time & courage to be there. Hopefully, it's still there when the time is right...

My husband and I have also been moving from one rent properties to another since we got married, but it's the house in Laguna, the one we bought that we considered home. It's where I remembered Uwais playing with the wardrobe mirror, looking for that 'friend' in the reflection of the mirror. :-)) It's where Aliyah would be making her delightful bicycle rounds indoors in the living room. It's the bath time, the hair shaving time, the playing in the cot time...

All those memories, created for our love being there, our love being together in the same house, the same space, it's how you turn a house into a home. Most of the time, size and cost is secondary. Unless you love being there, a house will never be a home...it's just a transit.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Uwais who no longer take the Charlie Chaplin style in communication ;-))



Peminat Pisang No 1 after babah...


Comments

  1. beso gedabak pisang tuh...lebih besar dari tukang bawaknypeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulah pasal..he..he..he. Tp jgn tak caya boleh habis dia seketul besar cam tu :-))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts