Frustration

Malaysia's latest movement control order - PKPB for a whole month which includes school closures has raised my frustration to a whole new level. I am sure I share the same feeling with millions of people out there. My reasons may differ from everyone else - but the sense of frustration remained the same. I am frustrated watching Piya stuck at home unable to finish her kindy syllabus in time for the start of her Primary next year, she has several events lined up but all have gone up in the air now, I am frustrated for Aliyah not being able to experience her post as a school prefect longer, I am frustrated with Luqman who has totally thrown in the towel when it comes to anything to do with online classes, I am frustrated for Uwais who will be distracted to finish his hafazan on track this year, I am frustrated for all the time wasted when they should be learning because I won't have the time to sit with every one of them and the environment and equipment at home may not be sufficient to cater for all of them at the same time. 

I felt like I needed to hit someone in the face, but I am not sure who that person should be haha.. Instead, I had opted to work from the office several days a week this time around to preserve my sanity. Kids being kids, when the school was ordered close - everything closes too. They are happy no doubt, but the house is a wreck and every time they see me, they only think of food (Mama = good food) 😂

On top of that, I have my own classes and students to deal with too, all 7 groups and 195 of them. And it's frustrating to see some students unable to go online due to connectivity issues - what more with the monsoon season coming in some parts of Malaysia. So I had to improvise here and there. It's seriously getting on my nerves. But they say it's for everyone's best interest to stay at home. Yes, they said that before too. But we seem to be back at square one now ... maybe even square negative one from the look of things 😏 How frustrating!


Comments

Popular Posts