CANNOT, CANNOT, CANNOT!

This week, Alhamdulillah, was 'unofficially' my last lecture for my 'Introduction to Jurisprudence' class this semester (lega!!!) Due to a different future commitment, I won't be teaching this course anymore in the near future (legaaaa!!!), well, especially not in UiTM Kedah that is.

So I took some time to wrap up about law & society, issues of welfare, even 'rant' about the position, policies and actions of the Republicans and Democrats in the US, and their somewhat 'similarities' to their 'so called' Malaysian 'counterparts'. I asked them to ponder upon all the issues surrounding them and 'see' with their minds, not merely with their eyes.

I think the most interesting about 'anecdotes-telling' sessions is to observe how your students listened & focused attentively to your 'stories' sambil melopong haha...Well, that, in my view has always been the best part about teaching I pray and hope they'll get something from it all, In Sha Allah.

Towards the end, I further emphasized that times are changing and we can no longer live 'exactly' in accordance with the ways of our ancestors, we need to change, evolve, move on to better ourselves, our way. In jest, I said, "in 4 years time once you graduated, the SPA form should not be the first form you filled up online. You CANNOT set your mind to work with the government (makan gaji with pencen), I repeat myself, sayang sayang semua, you CANNOT, CANNOT, please... Please, think of something else. You have 4 years to do that." Well, they actually smiled at the instant the word 'sayang-sayang semua' was mentioned, but I do hope I got my point across.

But then later, I found this article here. I read it with an open mind and smile regardless at the end. Well, at least I think now I know the 'real benefits' of being a civil servant, or more accurately the bosses of civil servants. Come to think of it, it made my 'callings' yesterday for my students to not work with the Civil Service seems rather 'counter-intuitive' ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts