Wedding's Dresscode

Don't they have the same smile? ;-)
There's much to observe about weddings, not that I am interested in any particular one. But it will be a renewed interest for myself since for the first time in 11 years my family will finally be planning another wedding, or three 

Weddings, in my view always revolves around three major things - the guests, the food and the wedding 'show' itself, in that order , because let's face it, what is a wedding without guests, good food and something to feast our eyes and mouth with - the bride, groom, the decorations, the wedding dais, the door-gifts and all, apart from the food of course  


And guests of a Malay wedding will customarily get all dressed up to attend one. I had the chance to attend a wedding today. I had chosen to wear my casual black skirt and an old blouse and tudung I usually wear to go shopping (ironless blouse and tudung haha). I was plain, because I was plain lazy to waste any more of my ironing quotas by ironing an extra pair of baju kurung  So I thought I want to dress in something I can easily slip in and out off.


Anyway, funny thing is my DH had appropriately chosen to wear his batik shirt, while I was in my 'casualness'. Of course, at first I feel a little bit awkward, with all the guests wearing all their fancy traditional dresses, some of them all made up like dolls with bling bling attached and tudungs pinned to their chests and heads (read:brain). (On a side note: I often have difficulties with this tudung styling for I fear some of those pins will poke my heart and prick my brains while I'm busy trying to enjoy food at the wedding. Alright, I'm exaggerating, but still, it's uncomfortable, at least for myself :-P) 


But after awhile I settled in my seats and I observed that no one actually noticed my casual dressing (even if they do, they didn't care to comment, and even if they did, I couldn't care less) and I thought I should have just come wearing my slacks instead . 


So I conclude that unless, you are a close family member to the bride and groom, even if you are going to be in any of the photographs, no one actually care what you chose to wear or even care to remember. I can even choose to wear the same dress to all the weddings invitations throughout the year. Perhaps as a face-saving mechanism, I just need to avoid hanging out with the same circle of people every time I attended one and avoid being in pictures with them. 


But wait! there's this thing called the social media. There are bound to be one of your friends (Read: Acquaintances) who would want to play fashion police right? Some may even have the audacity to point it out to you - "hey! didn't you wear that same dress last month? Or did you just come back from grocery shopping?" And to that I will reply, that is, if I myself has the audacity to say so - "Yup, I did. I wonder if you would want to sponsor a different dress for me for my next wedding invitation. And ...this is crazy, But here's my number, So call me, maybe?" But probably I'll just smile 


More weddings to come - Life As I See It ~ NFN

Comments

  1. Darling, at last you have realized that you are not Ct Norhaliza...heee

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister,

    I am much more precious haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts