Be Me!

As I sit down in my study on a beautiful sunny day, saw birds flying cheering the blue sky, my good friend texted me her excellent writing progress. I smiled and congratulated her. Promised to meet her in February. She made me feel good today, realised that there's just too many things I may have taken for granted lately. Then, I suddenly remembered another friend whom I saw was not well last week on FB. Although I haven't seen her for the past 4 years, we have been in contact through emails and since we both came back from Australia last year, we usually talked on the phone about work at least once or twice every month.

As she answered the phone, she sounded weak and I asked her whether she's getting better. She said no and she dropped the bomb. I am basically left speechless. She's seeking treatment as soon as possible and since I'm on a long leave, I promised to meet her next week. Suddenly, for her life turns upside down and all the periphery of life doesn't really matter anymore. I prayed she stay strong, because in my eyes she had always been one. Then, I sat back and reflect, how life had been treating me so well but I have nothing to show for it. How shameful...I have been wasting myself on things beyond my reach, waiting and hoping things come my way. I guess enough is enough, then. It's time to make a move, it's time to let myself be free, take chances and be me!

Comments

Popular Posts