Plan B

Recently, my supervisor said - "You must now think of a plan B." And when I 'flashed' my sign of disapproval of that statement, he nailed the statement again - "EVERYBODY must have a plan B!" referring to all 3 of us Malaysian, under his supervision. Argghhh...all this while not even an iota of such an idea was implanted in my brain. I refused to talk about it nor think about it. But as my supervisor said - "It's always good to have a PLAN B and all of you MUST have a plan B" - full stop. No argument there!

And September seemed to be going along with his advise that PLAN B is a must.

Due to the 'Spring Fling' weather that mimics winter and the flu bugs that have been going around, the rest of the family is not doing so well. For the past week or so they had terrible cough, that seemed to rocked the house. At times, coughing and sneezing in syncronization, no pun intended. Then there're the late night and early hours fever, which drived me into sleeping zombies - armoured with rectal suppositories, paracetamol and fever cooling patch, along with extra buckets for the 'puke encounter'! For the past week or so, it appears that I might be the only person in the house not yet affected, so as a prevention and defence mechanism, I have succumbed myself to a daily dose of medication too. So far, not too bad. But I am outnumbered by sick people here! It appears to be a matter of time before I become infected myself. But I am praying that such would not be the case, Insya Allah. I just couldn't afford to be sick now - well, that's what I kept telling myself. But truthfully, between being unwell and catering for the unwell, requires just the same amount of person - ME!  

On top of that, I have two papers due before the end of the month. The second one can't get completed, unless I finalised the first one. I need to make some sites appointments and observation for my study and prepare for a conference at the end of the month. There's also a couple of interesting and relevant seminars run in these few early weeks of September, which requires time away from my workschedule. One of the Seminar - the 'Completion Seminar' also further enhanced the fact that I might have underestimated certain aspects in the timeline management of putting things together of the thesis. Even printing could take a whole week! And now, instead of continuing writing, I am writing this - thinking, how's the children doing at home, and planning for their visit to the GP later in the day. So perhaps, I have to think of that Plan B after all. hmmmm...

Comments

  1. After raya, I was the 1st to get sick.. then Noreen.. then Hanna a bit ... but luckily for the time being her 'nose bleed' dah mcm OK aje.

    anyway.. hope the best for you and yr plan B.

    p/s : I don't have a Plan B, I go with "the Plan" style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. U know, I was thinking and thinking what is it that you mean? ha..ha..ha.. only this morning I got it. There is only one - 'the plan'! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. akak dah 1 week tak sihat....aduyai....makin bnyk plak cabaran disaat genting ni ye Fadz!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts