Male Chauvinist

Excuse me... I have a headache. So I am writing this to alleviate the ache from my head. Ha..ha..ha …apa kena mengena…tapi mmg aku sakit kepala pun, so here goes :-

In my short life, as an adult that is, I have seen so many version of male chauvinism.
Interestingly, most male chauvinists are highly educated men, or so you thought they are :-P
So I just don’t get it. Why would they give this kinda of treatment to the other gender?
If it were my husband, I’d tell him to buckle up and get his act in order, prompto! (Which I always do…hip..hip..hip hurray)

Anyway, these three kinds just get on my nerves every time:

The 'pervert' kind
These men act as if they have the looks of Brad Pitt and the coolness of George Clooney. OMG they really don’t! If they do, then maybe they should ally themselves with Ted Bundy and sharpen their killing prowess, instead (No pun intended). Their statements and expectations and actions towards female always lie in the border of being sexual harassments. It’s simply disrespectful! And the sad thing most of us female are considerate enough to give them some face because of their age & seniority…that’s right, these men are not even the younger version of Matthew Perry (Zac Effron) in 17 again. There’s nothing remotely ‘delicious’ about them.

The 'I am the boss of you' kind
Let me put it clear before hand. This kind is NOT YOUR BOSS! If they are, I felt sorry for you. These men just act as if they are and boss people around. Some are ex-bosses in their past life and simply can’t get over the fact that they no longer are or some are just simply aspiring, dreaming the dream of being one and acting it out in anticipation of being one. The thing is, they sucked as bosses, even if it’s only playing pretend! They have no respect for you, they consider you as their conquests instead of equals, and ironically they always forget that nobody appointed them as boss in the first place. There’s simply no strings attached. You can never succeed in bulldozing people into respecting & trusting you as a leader. They must be earned sincerely & honestly.

The 'I know everything from you AKA I am better than you' kind
If you know anyone who is a combination of the first, second and this kind, then you’ve found yourself a value meal of male chauvinist of the year. But if one is not good looking, old and a pervert, have since pass the age where he’ll ever be at the top ladder of his employment, then I would understand the reason behind taking the stance that I know everything or I am much better than you. He’s just hiding & covering up for his sorry pathetic live. But I simply can’t stand it, when they are some men who have just come out of their adolescent years, but prancing around with the fact that they know everything and expect people around them to ‘impliedly’ acknowledged it. These men don’t dare to become a pervert or pretend as a boss because their age wouldn’t allow them to get the leeway that comes with age for the perverted or pretend boss, albeit in a negative way. They are the first to volunteer for anything/everything because they thought they know everything. They sidelined your ideas and argument because they think they are much better than you. There’s no such thing as the tagline ‘we agree to disagree’ in their life. If you disagree, you are the enemy! I personally think, these men don’t get enough love and affection when they were kids. So this is one way of getting all the attention when they are adults.

So moral of the story: mothers and fathers (same goes to me) please give the tender, loving and care that your children need. It’s a modern world out there. Stop the old habit of saying ‘I don’t always say it, but I do love you’…ahhhh… so MELAYUWIAH…please no more of that! So what’s wrong with saying and showing it everyday? You’ll make a better man & woman out of your children some day. At least, they’ll definitely stir away from becoming a male or female chauvinist (which is even worst!).

Comments

  1. I can definitely relate to that! Curious thing is, some of them don't even have a clue they're actually one of 'em!

    I hope I'm not (or would be) one.

    *yikes!* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are completely oblivious...Sometimes I felt sorry for them.

    Anyway, you wouldn't be joining the club...your mom wouldn't allow it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MELAYUWIAH??!!! new term yg menarik utk diguna dlm gosip seharian

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts