Olimpic Ends...

As historical as it was when it commenced, tonight it ends with as much flare as it did 16 days ago. It also meant that I have 'nganga' in front of the TV for the past two weeks, watching the likes of Michael Phelps & Usain Bolt breaking world records.

It also meant that we've stayed 2 weeks in our humble abode and did NOTHING MUCH towards my research for the past 2 weeks!

But one thing's for sure this would be my most memorable Olympic ever, aside from the 1998 World Cup (where as bachelor students, we all stayed up all morning to watch the football final match, and waited eagerly instead for half time break to watch Ricky Martin shake his bootylicious bum to the La Copa de la Vida..Ale..Ale theme song..he..he..he).

I'll always remember it cause it would remind me of my skeet in Melbourne forever. I think the Chinese did a marvellous job at it, breathtaking opening & closing ceremonies indeed! It must be sad to them that now it's coming to a close. All those years of preparation, and only 16 days to show it off. And now what's left are memories. Good ones..bad ones, but overall a success. I hope that's going to be the equivalence of my PhD journey. Light at the end of a long dark (maybe not so dark) tunnel.

Ahhh...I'd prefer to have children actually, all hard years of preparation, one day of labour and you'll have them forever. Lovely!

Comments

Popular Posts