De Ja Vu

Being in Latrobe Uni with its international students' representation reminds me so much of my degree days. As an International Muslim student, you won't feel out of place here at all. There's just a high number of Muslims students around, citizens or otherwise, including Malaysians, of course. The term "brothers" & "sisters" were not unfamiliar to me, they were simply laid to rest for the past 7 years.

But the same scenario facing the whole Malaysian community back then in Malaysia, when thrust amongst international communities seems to be happening here too, all the way in the outback of Australia. I understood that in Malaysia, we were the majorities, so it could not be helped. But here, when you are considered a minority...it's DEJAVU. I bet it's happening all over the world, maybe with every community in the world. Maybe I was naive into thinking that perhaps it could be a little bit different. Well Alas! It is not.

Ask me what it is, perhaps I'll tell you...or perhaps you already know. Perhaps..perhaps..perhaps

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts