Mixed Feelings

The month of June is coming to an end soon. Next month would be one of the most hectic days of my life. All the preparations for Melbourne is at a standstill this week, till the VISA is out. Amidst it all, my boss requires two sets of questions for my government & politics paper. One last treat for the department, he said. So I basically have to sit through the code again to come out with the questions, by tomorrow...duh.

Anyway, new friends in Melbourne have been very helpful indeed in locating temporary accommodation for my family and I. We'll be staying with Natasya in Bundoora. My highest gratitude to Neezam for arranging it & Tasha (and husband) for accepting us. Hopefully, our stay with them wouldn't be too much of a hassle. I'm sure they would enjoy Aliyah & Uwais.

Despite all the planning, I am not seeing Melbourne yet. Yup, I am excited to go. It will be a totally new experience for me & the kids. But my mind & heart is still here. With the uncertainty of it all, I am feeling rather anxious and scared, actually. The prospect of leaving all your love ones behind :-( and live in a foreign country with a distinct culture is distressing. So many questions are running through my head. What if this..what if that...what will happen..what if it doesn't happen and the list goes on. But friends like Salmi assured me that those feelings are normal. Just pray for the best. Insya Allah, the route to success will be there for those fighting in the Name of Allah.

Thank you all. I shall include all of you in my prayers too..

Comments

  1. Fadz..not to say no worries but it is good to have less worries (at this moment).InsyaAllah...nawaitu, fisabilillah, may lead towards the success. Once you've decide to 'hijrah'..then you've to 'pasrah' with any kind of possibilities & consequences. I just lost my beloved father last 5th May. So, this is one of the 'dugaan' that we've to accept.I wish I still could meet everyone that I love till I return back for good but...yeah He knows everthing..beyond our capabilites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. Al Fatihah for him from me & family. Did you get to see him one last time?

    Sedihnye..I don't know how I'll be if that happens to me. Even now, I'm thinking whether I'll get to see my grandparents when I'm done with my studies. They are very old & fragile nowadays. Not to mention evryone else in the family of course. You don't expect for sudden loss of your family member.

    I wish you strong to face the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts